Sunday, September 25, 2005

shattered glass

a few days ago, my drinking glass broke. our househelp accidentally knocked it over the table so it shattered. it wouldn't have mattered if it were some other drinking glass. but that's *my* drinking glass. the one whose partner belongs to him. best friends forever. *sigh*

i went to the department store to replace the drinking glass i lost. i couldn't find one that's identical to the one that broke. the salesperson says it's "out of stock." so i got a different kind of glass. it will serve its purpose, i guess.. but it's just not the same.

i'm not one to believe in omens. but the recent shattering of my drinking glass really scares me. i wonder.. is this a sign of what's to become of us? a breaking of glass.. a breaking of a great relationship.. a breaking even of the bonds of friendship? i don't know. i hope not. but at the moment, there really isn't much that i can do.

*sigh* i hope my birthday wish comes true.. ='(

No comments: