Friday, September 02, 2005

birthday wish

first day of the -ber months! only 115 days to go 'til december 25. haha.. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! =p but i'm not going to talk about the yuletide season just yet. that's still a couple of months away. i'm thinking more about *my* special occasion. the only significant date set aside for me at the moment - my birthday.

0008041111003903_tnin my family, birthdays are truly special occasions - meant to be celebrated either with parties or with special dinners. gift-giving and cake are expected, too. so i'm used to being excited about my birthday. i'd plan how i'd make the day special. i'd think about things i'd like to get for myself. i'd wake up expecting something special to happen. birthdays, for me, are like specially prepared fortune cookies: you don't exactly know what's inside.. but you're sure you'll get a wonderful surprise, 'coz it was prepared special.

this year, though, is quite different. i'm not *that* excited about my birthday. in fact, i quite dread it. i don't know.. come to think of it, i'm not really eager to celebrate any special occasion at the moment. but who knows? maybe in a couple of weeks' time i'll feel differently. maybe somebody else will feel differently. maybe i will look forward to celebrating my birthday again.

at any rate, i still do know what i want on sept 27. unfortunately, i also feel that i won't be getting my wish just yet. nevertheless, i'm using up all my "wishing powers" on this special month.. to get that which i truly desire. and maybe.. just maybe.. He'll hear me and grant me my prayer.

No comments: