Tuesday, November 15, 2005

that's what friends are for

One Spring afternoon, I came home to find two little girls on the steps of my building. Both were crying hard, shedding big tears. Thinking they might be hurt, I dropped my briefcase and quickly went over to them.

"Are you all right?" I asked.


Still sobbing, one held up her doll. "My baby's arm came off," she said.


I took the doll and its disjointed arm. After a little effort and luck, the doll was again whole.


"Thank you." came a whisper.


Next looking into the tearful eyes of her friend, I asked, "and what's the matter with you, young lady?"


She wiped her cheeks. "I was helping her cry," she said.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

it's a funny anecdote, but one with more than a grain of truth in it. i guess that's what true friends are for. they laugh with you.. and cry with you as well. friendship does not require a lot of deep thinking. what it needs is a lot of deep feeling.

true friends. they are hard to come by these days. that's why i'm really glad i have friends i can rely on during troubled times. and i'm most grateful i have a Best Friend i can truly count on in my darkest hours. Who sees my needs and feels my hurts. Who knows my sorrow and heals my pain. Who knows me inside out yet accepts me for who i am. *sigh* i thank God for Him Ü

No comments: