Sunday, November 20, 2005

that "M" word

lately, i've found myself enjoying music more and more. and by music, i don't just mean our choir (although yes, that *is* a big part of my life). i notice that music is in my head 24/7. there's always a song playing in my mind.. even if only in the background. when i'm happy, i catch myself humming or whistling. when i'm blue, i find myself singing one of those sad songs that most fit my mood. when i'm especially lonely, i find comfort and solace in the words of the inspirational songs i listen to (hillsongs, mostly). when i'm bored, i turn on my radio or play a good cd on my pc (oh yeah, and my mp3 player's been a constant companion, of late). even when i'm blogging, i end up posting song lyrics that touch me.

now, on the social side. these past months, i've been hanging out so much with my choir friends. mostly it's heidi and lian. today, though, i got to spend time with glenda and weng too. i had a great time having brunch with them (and lian) at tea republic. it felt good to be able to hang out with new friends :)

bit by bit, i'm getting better. not yet normal.. but a lot improved, i suppose. yes, i still miss him. a lot. and yes, some memories are still very painful for me to remember. i still have those nagging aches that tug at the heart when the 26th of the month nears. and there are moments of loneliness and sadness too. but i guess that's okay. slowly but surely, i'm able to cope. with God's help, of course.. and the Music that He sends my way :)

No comments: