Friday, August 19, 2005

a reason to smile

Smileyi know the past days have been terribly rough for me. there was no sunlight. there was no rain. there was nothing but blackness. but now, bit by bit, pinpricks of light are starting to shine through. perhaps i only saw darkness because i refused to look at anything else. now, one step at a time, i'm learning to open my eyes.. to get used to the light again.

=================================================
you were very special to me. my world revolved around you. i loved being with you. just the two of us. nothing and no one else mattered. but you are right. we need space to grow. we need wings to fly. we need other hands to hold. we need other hearts to cherish. and then, in the end, when we've wandered far and wide.. when we've gotten to know the world.. if in our hearts we know that we are still meant for each other.. then love will be lovelier the second time around =)
=================================================

he's still special to me. i still love being with him. but my world no longer can revolve around him. there are moments when it does.. but i try hard not to let that happen often. there are other people who matter.. other things to do. there are many opportunities ahead.. many responsibilities to fulfill.. many lessons to learn.

=================================================
i used to be afraid of all these things. i did not want to face the challenges i knew were waiting for me just around the corner. i thought i'd have to face them all alone. i thought i'd have to battle the hurt, the pain and the confusion by myself.

but now i know that you're still here.. no longer a lover.. yet always a partner. now i have found new courage. now i have found new hope. now i have found a reason to smile Ü

=================================================

he's no longer my boyfriend. but he is still my "special someone" - my best friend. and that's more than enough for me right now Ü

No comments: