Thursday, December 01, 2005

wake me up when december ends


hey, it's december 1st! hmm. only 24 days until christmas. that's 576 hours, or 34,560 minutes or 2,073,600 seconds. haha. this day is sort of different. it all started when i woke up this morning. i had this not-so-good dream last night that seemed so real. so when i opened my eyes to the sound of my alarm clock, i felt disoriented. i wasn't even sure what day it was, and what i was supposed to be doing haha. i rose from my bed zombie-ishly and marched my way out of the room still dazed, hehe.

when i got to school, i gave my fourth year students the exam i prepared. i found out that i mistakenly typed "quiz #3" instead of "long exam #1" on the questionnaires. haha. maybe that's why the poor kids' brains were so fried afterwards.. >:D


around 12.30pm, i had this sudden urge to leave the school premises for a while. i don't know why. i just wanted to drive around the campus. at the same time, i had this odd, almost certain feeling that i would bump into my ex somewhere (though i didn't know his sked, and i surely wasn't hunting for him). so i decided to go to that "tiangge" in front of the infirmary, just to check out whatever stuff they had there. and just as i was driving in front of EEE, lo and behold.. i saw my ex crossing the street! he saw me too. even stuck his tongue out at me, the creep :p
(*ney: haha.. i was too surprised to do the same - next time gagantihan kita, hehehe) no.. my heart did not do any flip-flops, and there were no heart-wrenching emotions either. i looked at him, he looked at me.. and it just seemed so.. trivial. hmm. i'm glad. go figure.

so i checked out the items at the tiangge, hoping to find some good buys for christmas. hmm. no luck. most of the stuff i saw were too ordinary.. and none of them really piqued my interest. then i went to this one stall (checked out some blouses on sale).. and asked the girl in charge if they had other sizes. she looked at me for a long time before answering.. like she knew me from somewhere. freaky. too bad they didn't have my size :(

just as i was leaving the stall, i heard a dozen or so voices call out, "maaaaaaaam!!!" great. an entire busload of my senior students were headed to the infirmary for their physical exam.. and i had the (mis)fortune of being at the tiangge at that exact time. haha. practically every "tindera" and "usisero" there knew i was a teacher using her lunchbreak to check out cheap goods at the tiangge :p

by 1.30pm, i decided to go back to school. i walked back to the car.. only to find a young boy peering into the tinted windows. as i approached the car, i noticed he didn't react to my presence. he just stood there, trying really hard to look inside the vehicle. hmm. weird and freaky. as it turns out, the poor kid was a nut case. he was mumbling and babbling to himself.. pointing to invisible people / objects that he claimed were out to get him. great. i admit, i am a little loony myself.. but really, i could not relate to him. i just wanted to get away from the boy. so as soon as i got the chance, i hastily entered the car and slammed the door shut. unfortunately, i think his finger got caught in the door :( luckily he wasn't hurt badly.. but he ran away really fast afterwards. poor kid.
with all the excitement that's happened, i was glad to head back to the comfort of our faculty room. my student teacher, marga, taught my geom class (butterfly) for the first time. things went quite well, considering it's the first time she's handled the section :p

after a while, i went to the library.. made the geomet
ry exam (naturally, there were no students around to peek at what i was writing) and emailed it to myself so i could print it as soon as i got home. 30 minutes well spent, i should say, hahaha. i guess the library is really conjucive to making tests :p i used the next half hour to check my mails, view my blog and send out choir announcements (it's december!!! the month of many, many activities!!) hmm. how time flies. by 4.15pm, i was ready to go home.

when i arrived, i ate a light supper (yup.. supper at 4.30pm - nothing wrong with that, i guess) and watched some nick toons (hahaha i still have that habit). i've printed out tomorrow's test (i'm sooooo happy with it. tsk, tsk.. poor kids)


i also checked out some sites of my favorite comic characters, calvin & hobbes (by bill watterson - he's the greatest!). now *that* was fun! i just looooove that hobbes is both real and imaginary (haha.. ain't that a "complex" concept?! ugh. bad mathematical pun :p) and calvin's dark sense of humor (shown in his snowmen art) appeals to me as well.

so goes my day. so far, at least. a long day.. and quite surreal too. i feel different. hyperactive inside. stoic on the outside. haha. weird. u wonder if the entire month of december is going to be like this for me. oh God. wake me up when the month is over.. :p

No comments: