Sunday, December 11, 2005

my christmas wish list

Grown Up Christmas List
(Kelly Clarkson)

Do you remember me?
I sat upon your knee
I wrote to you with childhood fantasies
Well I'm all grown up now
Can you still help somehow?
I'm not a child but my heart still can dream

So here's my lifelong wish
My grown up Christmas List
Not for myself
But for a world in need

No more lives torn apart
That wars will never start
And time will heal our hearts
Every man will have a friend
That right will always win
And love will never end
This is my grown up Christmas List

May kindness rules our lives
Not just the strong survive
Sweet tears for all the thousand years on mind
This is the world I pray
We will all share some way
Help me begin by reaching out my hand

Why does this illusion call the innocence of you?
Maybe when the time believe we can find the truth
No...

No more lives torn apart
That wars will never start
And time will heal our hearts
Every man will have a friend
That right will always win
And love will never end
T
his is my grown up Christmas List

This is the prayer that I will keep
This is my grown up Christmas list
Christmas list


hmm. this isn't a profound "grownup christmas list" like the song says. it's just a list of things i wish i had this christmas.. :p hehehe. read on.
note: not all of these actually exist.. but heck, it's just a wish list.. hehe.

* a finished article, ready for submission to a refereed journal - the only thing i need to get tenure and not get sacked from work (boy, do i NEED this! and fast...)

* a fully functional car that uses only water for fuel (given the extremely high cost of gasoline these days, this would REALLY help a lot hehe)

* a fulltime masseuse/reflexologist to massage away my tiredness and stress

* a totally new wardrobe to usher in the new year

* free home service: body scrub, derma, the works! hahaha.. i just wanna be pampered..

* my very own laptop/notebook and digital camera (no, i don't *need* these stuff.. but it would be really cool to have them hehehe)

* a pet rabbit/cat that doesn't need to be taken care of

* passes to an unlimited number of movies for an entire year

* unlimited coffee privileges at any starbucks/gloria jeans coffee house

* the ability to play at least one musical instrument (one of my biggest frustrations in life hehehe)

* a penthouse with a small pool (like the one we saw at the malayan tonight during our carolling)

* someone who will give me his complete and undivided attention and affection - even only for this christmas vacation :p (hehe... i'll make sure to reciprocate)

* good health and fortune for me and *all* my loved ones and friends (see? i'm not planning to hog all the wishes for myself, hehehe)

* world peace (seriously! hey, beauty queens aren't the only ones entitled to this wish you know!)


i'll probably think of other stuff to add to this list Ü

what's on YOUR christmas wish list?

No comments: