Friday, December 23, 2005

special request #2 : think of me

i was browsing through cweesteen's friendster profile and found these lyrics posted there. i can't believe i never thought of including this song in my blogposts. this is *my* song.. and i can relate with each line.. each word.
it's so beautifully sad (or is it sadly beautiful?) that i love it.
no need to mention who i'm dedicating this song to..


Think of Me
(Phantom of the Opera)

Think of me,
think of me fondly when we've said goodbye.
Remember me ev'ry so often -

promise me you'll try.


On that day, that not so distant day
when you are far-away and free,

if you ever find a moment, spare a thought for me.

And though it's clear, though it was always clear
that this was never meant to be

if you happen to remember,
stop and think of me.


Think of August when the trees were green.

Don't think about the way things might have been.


Think of me,
think of me waking silent and resigned.
Imagine me
trying too hard to put you from my mind.
Think of me - please say you'll think of me

whatever else you choose to do;

there will never be a day when
I won't think of you.

Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade.

They have their season, so do we -

but please promise me
that sometimes
you will think..
of me

No comments: