Monday, September 08, 2008

sugarfree


according to doctors, one of the factors that highly determines one's predisposition to diabetes is genetics (or heredity) - especially on the maternal side. my mom is diabetic. and so is my dad. that being said, i suppose it's safe (though unwelcome) to say that i will turn out to be diabetic. someday. (though, of course, i'm still hoping it wouldn't happen.. who knows, right?!)

anyway, i went to the doctor this morning for another round of bloodwork. last week, when i was given a 75-g GTT (glucose tolerance test), my blood sugar of 80 (fbs) went up to 214 after 2 hours. the result wasn't a very nice one.. so my dad suggested i go to our family doctor for a consult. i guess he was afraid i might be following in his (and mom's) footsteps at this early stage..

well, off i went to dr chua to have my blood taken. (as an aside.. i like getting my blood taken. hahaha. not that i'm masochistic - er.. at least, i don't *think* so - but i really do enjoy seeing the lab techs drawing blood from me hehehe) they had a difficult time getting a sample coz my veins were small; but i was cool with it. i waited about an hour for the results.. then the doc asked me, "hindi ka ba nanghihina?" to which i replied, "hindi po 'yata.." XP (hahaha. i dunno. i never could tell when i'm tired or just plain lazy XP) "kasi 'yung result nitong blood test mo, below normal ang sugar level mo: 2.50 lang ang value niya.. dapat mga 3.75 at least ito" o_O

hahaha. so there you have it. i am now below average hahaha. my blood is almost sugarfree. hmm. no wonder i'm no longer as sweet as i used to be, hahahaha *evil laugh*

i wonder how this fact is going to affect lil miss bitchy..
this still doesn't account for the mood swings, though. sorry 'bout that.. :x

No comments: