Wednesday, November 28, 2007

scary in pink

as i mentioned in previous posts, black is my favorite (non)color.. so i almost always wear black. friend diane (from school) always ribs me whenever i'm wearing a different color. she says there's something wrong with me, hahaha (i'd have to agree).

so i tried a different tactic. last week, i went on a "blue" spree. i dunno. i guess for a time, i felt kinda blue.. so i wore blue tops the entire week. i used my blue bag and brought along my blue notebook. black and blue. ha. nice one.

it was only after i browsed through some of the weird graphix at zedge that i realized it's been such a long time since i've worn pink. so today, i decided i'd wear pink again.

i just smiled and went in. once in there, i got lots of second (and third) looks from choirmates who kept telling me there was something "different" about me today. and whaddayaknow. i've been getting compliments from people the whole day. i went to megamall for our prayer meeting.. and i haven't even stepped inside the venue when 2 sisters in the community said, "uy, ganda mo ngayon ah." blooming daw ako. a couple of friends of mine even dared to inquire, "may boyfriend ka na siguro ano?" bwahahahahaha. that certainly made me laugh. especially since the ones who gave the comment were elders of our community. sheesh.

i don't know what the heck it is about the color pink that causes these weird things to happen to me. i don't know if that color makes me seem cute/attractive/beautiful. i don't know if my wearing pink makes people give me a second look.

maybe it's the color. maybe it's not. i don't know. and i don't really care all that much (apathy seems to be contagious. so are sarcasm and cynicism. ha. thanx lisbet :p)

all i know is.. in the midst of all the compliments and affirmations that i look "really pretty".. i don't feel all that affirmed, deep inside.

in fact, i don't feel anything at all.

except for a hint of "psycho" hahaha.

see the picture? *that* is exactly what i mean..

No comments: