Wednesday, September 19, 2007

he truly does :)




he knows my name

i have a maker. he formed my heart
and before even time began
my life was in his hands

he knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls
and hears me when i call

and i have a father. he calls me his own
and he'll never leave me
no matter where i go

he knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls
and hears me when i call

he knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls
and hears me when i call

the lord has been surprising me in so many wonderful ways this past week. and one of those ways was through this song, "he knows my name."

this is one of my favorite worship songs. i first heard it sung by tommy coomes band last year when bro jun/sis chris asked us to study it for their worship. i immediately loved the song because of its simple yet touching lyrics (i'm a "quote" person, remember?) and its nice, very "singable" tune :)

the other day, i just found myself humming this tune for no reason at all. then, when i got home to check my email, i got an email from a friend of mine. she sent me a music video (by tommy walker - not the one above) of "he knows my name." the following day, while i was surfing, one of the blogs i visited had a song-post of.. you guessed it.. "he knows my name" :p

and then last night during choir prax, i found out sis yna included this in her song lineup for today. after a while, direk ran called me to sing the solo part (actually it's a duet with dyanne) of the song. hahaha. admittedly, i was nervous when he asked me to sing in front; but part of me felt happy.. because i've always wanted to sing "he knows my name". and i've learned it by heart so i hope that i'd at least be able to do justice to the song, hahaha. more importantly, though.. i pray that when i do get to sing it, it will be from the heart :p

hmmm. god must be telling me something. i just hope and pray that my ears (and heart) are willing to listen to him.. :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you sang it so well last night sis!