Thursday, September 27, 2007

HBD HBD


now *that* is creepy

as birthday goes, this year's was really *blah* :( thursdays are the busiest days for me - primarily due to my graduate class scheduled from 5.30-8.30pm. but this day is even worse.. coz we got home really late last night (thanks to our balikbayans).. and i had a terrible splitting headache that unfortunately did not allow me to sleep 'til it was already 3am. i had to wake up before 6am to prepare my exam for trigonometry (yeah.. the unannounced re-test.. i don't think anybody really liked the first exam - including me). it certainly didn't feel like it was my birthday.

even now, as i'm typing this post, i can't help but rant. i'm home alone. no one to chat with, no one to talk to. not that i mind.. but birthdays kinda make you feel like you have to celebrate with other people, you know. but right now, my friends are busy (it's a weekday).. my folks are with the balikbayans.. my students are clueless (haha.. most didn't even know it was my bday).. and i'm.. uhm.. alone here. hahaha. what a way to celebrate.

good thing my grad class had a 'mini' party this evening (too bad we had to break that rule about 'no food or drinks inside the lab room' tsk tsk). at least i was able to celebrate a bit. here are two of the pix we took earlier:hahaha. honestly, in spite of the numerous disappointments (sorry carolle.. and thanx for the yummy cake) this day isn't a *total* loss after all :p

but all things considered, i'm still HAPPY today. really. sincerely. thank YOU for making this day extra-special :p



No comments: