Monday, February 05, 2007

disjointed thoughts


"There is no expiation, none.
A bitter load I bore:
Now I shall love you nevermore,
Never and nevermore.

"There is no touch or tone of yours
Can make the old love wake."
She said: "But I will follow you,
Even for the old love's sake."

Oh, he has kissed her on the brow,
He took her by the hand:
Into the sunless land they went,
Into the starless land."

the sunless lands. i've been thinking about that these past days. and to think i didn't even know him that well. i didn't remember his face. his name didn't even ring a bell. *sigh* but it saddened me deeply. and i don't know why.. :(

* * *

just some quotes that interest me today. my brain is semi-functional. and well.. these are just the stuff that occupy my mind at the moment. wahahaha. guess i'm back to my usual self. hmmmm. it's good to be me. in spite of who i am..

* * *
"Do not tempt a woman; she will kill you faster than a man, and for less, though she will weep afterward."

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

"Pessimism is just an ugly word for pattern recognition."

"I tell myself it's not the fall. Falling doesn't hurt... it's when you stop." - John Constantine; Sandman #3

I could never again be an angel... Innocence, once lost, can never be regained. Lucifer, in "The Sandman:Season of Mists"

People think that Hell is fire and brimstone and the Devil poking you in the butt with a pitchfork, but it's not. Hell is when you should have walked away, but you didn't . -- Jack Grimaldi: Romeo Is Bleeding

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. " - Oscar Wilde

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

[God] You have been unhappy because you've desired things that cannot be.
[Lucifer] That's what desire is. The need for what we can't have. The need for what's readily available is called greed. -- Lucifer "All we need of Hell" Mike Carey.


No comments: