Thursday, May 10, 2007

the start of the adventure

a few days ago, i acquired a new pet. he's cute, cuddly, smart and has a weird sense of humor. oh. and he wears glasses, too. black-rimmed glasses that make him look even smarter than he already is. his name is descartes. he's my imaginary pet bunny :)

friend alexis is currently writing a story about this weird happening, hahaha. i suppose you could say she's descartes' and my unofficial "chronicler" bwahaha. here's what she's done so far.. :p
* * *

She never knew where he had come from. He just appeared that morning, after her curiously amusing dream of being chased by bunnies.

He was just there, sitting on her night table, blinking his eyes and twitching his nose at her bewildered expression. He was a handsome grey, with big black eyes and long velvety ears. His name was Descartes.

Or so he said, anyway.

Rowena was so startled she sat straight up and stared at the bunny, sitting on top of her copy of Gaiman's Fragile Things, which she had been reading earlier.

"Uh...hello...I think." she says to the creature. Why am I talking to a bunny and where did he (or is it a she) come from? she wonders.

"Hello Rowena. My name's Descartes. Yes, you are talking to a bunny. Why? Well...why not? I'm here, aren't I?"

"A bunny? Right. And I just had the weirdest dream about bunnies!! I must still be dreaming...."

"Why can't I be real? You don't doubt the existence of imaginary numbers....so, why should you doubt mine?"

No comments: