Sunday, October 29, 2006

leaders' retreat: diary entry#2

just came home from the retreat. i'm tired, sleepy and utterly exhausted. but i'm happy. really happy :)

just some of my thoughts from my "diary" today. i'm going off to sleep now.. zzzzzzz..

* * *
the vigil was awesome. that's the only word i can think of to describe it. i thought i'd fall asleep in the chapel.. especially since i had only about an hour's sleep today. surprisingly though, i found myself staring at the Blessed Sacrament for more than half an hour. and there was just this.. i dunno.. peaceful silence. i meditated on the question posed by msgr rig.. and was surprised by my answer as well. i thought i knew my heart's desire. turns out He knew me more than i did :)
bro chito's talk today was simple yet moving. he went overtime by about an hour, but that's okay. we didn't have time for budget planning anymore.. but i suppose that's the way the Lord wanted it. the additional input on prayer was really helpful. to me, at least. and i just couldn't help but feel that God was really zooming in on me in this retreat. hahaha. and i'm grateful :p
after bro chito's talk, glenda and leo finally made up. we were all very happy about that. after more than a year.. well, it's about time :) seeing them embrace each other and being witness to the emotional healing that took place among other members as well just brought tears to my eyes. yup.. i finally remembered how to cry, hehehe :p
i have more to say on this.. maybe on my next article. for now, i'm gonna rest. my bed beckons :)

No comments: