Sunday, June 11, 2006

a day of malling

this is my balikbayan cousin, tintin. she, along with her brother jay, dad ising and mom baby, are going to be here until june 22 :) tintin is a forensic accountant. haha. i told her last night i found her job title interesting - sounds like she's someone who analyzes DNA of accounting slips or something, wahahaha :p oh well. who'd have thought my cousin was a bigshot?! hehehe (sidenote: last night, dad, mom and i went to the condo where tito ising & family stayed. the herreras - their host - thought i was 12 years old. sheesh. i know i don't exactly look my age.. but 12?!?! tsk tsk. i shouldn't have had my hair cut..)


today, after the mass, i spent my time malling with my cousins (plus our "newly-adopted" cousin A wahehehe). almi, soulmate and i went with tintin to buy some "pasalubongs"; while erwin and darwin accompanied jayjay to play some games. we met up at powerbooks, where the cousins bought some music cds. meantime, A and i found some really good (but quite expensive) books (tsk, tsk.. too bad i forgot the titles - soulmate, can you refresh my memory? i forgot the titles of those "postcard" books that i plan to save up for, hehehe). just for kicks, i took a picture of some books we found interesting. hahahaha. go figure.. :p

all in all, it's been an interesting day to say the least :) and i'm quite happy. whew. my feet are tired; but i can manage a smile or two now. thanks to family. and thanks to soulmate. now if only this streak of good luck will continue on to next week.. that would *really* be something :)

4 comments:

mai said...

"postcard" books.... sounds like the "Griffin and Sabine" trilogy by Nick Bantock :)

Anonymous said...

you were mistaken for 12? don't feel so bad. I often get mistaken for 10...at the most. most people guess 8 or 9!


"I think you've gotten my age wrong by half..."

rokel said...

hello mai! yup, that's the one, alright :) i haven't read any of the books yet.. but plan to save up for them 'coz they seem like a very interesting read :p

rokel said...

oh.. and alexis.. it still is a bummer to be mistaken to be 12 haha. i know probably someday i'll be grateful NOT to look my age.. but i dunno.. hehehe :p