Saturday, June 24, 2006

all i really want..

And in the middle of everyone I still find myself with my thoughts alone And in the middle of all the noise Look around myself at the shining toys that I don’t need.. I don’t need.. I don’t really need


In this world I can see Many billions waiting in the sun So I’d love to believe There’d be one of us for everyone.. One of us for everyone Enough to go around But that’s not what I’ve found

- semisonic (one true love)



soulmate A lent me her semisonic CD last week. was able to listen to it only last night. i'm glad i did, though. as usual.. the song lyrics say what i want to oh so well.

after everything that's been happening to me this past week, i feel so emotionally drained. it's a wonder i'm able to do anything productive at all. i guess i should be grateful - at least i'm coping a lot better than i expected. i'm more or less functional - even if most times i feel like i'm just going through the motions.

(and all through the party i want to leave all alone with one true love.. all of the lights are shining on me but all i want is one true love..)

like i said before, i hate waiting. and i don't just mean waiting for that "special someone." i hate waiting for anything. i get so uncomfortable whenever circumstances prevent me from making decisions. i thought i already knew what i wanted - but now i have to wait 'til july for that darned committee decision. i suppose the only good thing i can expect from all this is that at least i'm guaranteed a year's stay where i am. no immediate changes. nothing that will violently rock my boat any further. *sigh* well, they say you should be thankful for all blessings, great or small.. so that's what i'm trying to do. still, it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

(all of my life i've just wanted to be all alone with one true love.. every day and night to be on my own with one true love..)

*sigh* why is it always so hard to get that ONE thing that you really, really want?!

No comments: