Thursday, February 09, 2006

tremors

something weird happened to me today. i attended a meeting at 12noon, right after my math class. i didn't have time to buy lunch from the cafeteria (what with the long queues and lack of time, too) so i decided to just eat the food they served at the meeting. i ended up having a ham sandwich and a cup of coffee (nescafe.. which i thought was decaf).

four hours later, as i was getting ready to go home, i suddenly felt.. umm.. different. i went cold, i felt a bit weak in the knees, had a bit of trouble breathing (well, not really - but the feeling is similar to when you're nervous/scared half to death) and my hands were shaking. i wasn't sure what was happening to me. i thought perhaps i was just hungry.

then i remembered the coffee i drank at lunchtime. the last time i experienced something like this was when i drank a cup of nescafe frothe (used to be a fave of mine) a couple of years back. hmmm. it's really weird how one cup of instant coffee can make me feel soooo out of sorts. that never happens to me when i get my caffeine fix at starbucks. sheesh. does my body choose the brand of caffeine too?!? :p

then again, maybe i'm just going through some pre-valentine jitters. aaaauuuugggghhhhh!!! no.. i don't want to think about *that* V word. maybe one of these days i'll find enough courage to face that issue head-on. meantime.. i'll content myself with blogposts on tremors and other 'shaky' stuff. the romance (or lack of it) can wait for another time..

No comments: