Wednesday, February 15, 2006

light of a million mornings

last night, after practice, smh, bfl, choirmates france, lau and i ate dinner at bacolod chicken inasal at jupiter street. hehe. we had a nice time. 'spinsters' dinner date daw, sabi ni heidi haha. but i beg to disagree. i don't plan on being a spinster ;-)

anyway, we got to talking about all kinds of stuff. from 'ghost' experiences to funny anecdotes about recording and other choirmates. then *this* song was mentioned. hmmm. i didn't think they'd heard this before.. but it is one of those christian songs that really struck a chord in me :-) i love the lyrics.. and the melody. unfortunately i can't sing it 'coz it's too high, hehe. but i'm sure when i get to heaven, i'll be able to. until then, though.. i'll content myself with listening to the song over and over on my pc and mp3 player :-)

LIGHT OF A MILLION MORNINGS
Sandi Patti

i couldnt see the sunshine through the shadows
i couldnt seem to find a soul to care
and in my darkest hour
you touched me with your power
and when i looked your light
was everywhere

refrain:
the light of the million mornings filled my heart
the sound of a million angels sang my song
the warmth of a love so tender
touched my life and suddenly
the light of a million morning starts in me

i never tried to understand the sunrise
i know it takes away the dark
i cant explain your healing or all the joy im feeling
i only know you've come in to my heart

(repeat refrain)

bridge:
and now that your glory
has come shining through
let my life be a candle, Lord
that shines for you,
shines for you
shines for you...

(repeat refrain)

1 comment:

sonoftheprodigal said...

thanks for your kind comments on my blog. you have a scintillating site here. it suits your personality, a person always in pursuit of the truth and will never take no for an answer. have you read the little prince? it looks like a book for teens but its really very profound.

i also love this song (light of a million). i sing it whenever i feel down.

good luck on your journey.