Thursday, February 02, 2006

poems and other stuff

i was looking through some entries posted at blogladder (it's a kind of 'blog' community i visit time and again) and came across this poem. well, it's a bit sad.. but i can relate. not that i'm depressed right now.. but i still find this poem nice. simple and honest. thought i'd share it with you guys..

I don’t know if I can be here anymore
How to stay sane when you lose a friend
He has yet to die
But to me, he is lost
Disillusioned
I stand
Firmly asking
How to stay sane when you lose a friend
Firmly stating
I don’t know if I can be here anymore

* * *

anyway, student/friend angela brought her 'banana' book to school today :p i lent her my copy of 'asleep' and in turn, she lent me 'kitchen' :p well, she handed me the book after math class; and since i couldn't wait, i started reading the book while eating lunch. thus, i spent my vacant time once again appreciating ms. yoshimoto's writing. i kept at it for the next 2 hours or so.. until i just realized that i was done with the book! hehehe ;-) i think angela was surprised when i returned the book to her later this pm. hmmm. makes me think i should have kept it a bit longer.. maybe reread some of the other parts i really liked :)

looks like i'm back to my reading mood, hehe. got any good books to recommend? i can't wait for the next wonderful read.. :p

No comments: