Monday, July 31, 2006

would that i could write this way..

i stumbled upon an obscure site today. i'm not familiar with this artist, but when i read the lyrics of the songs, i was intrigued. as most of my friends know, i'm a sucker for quotable quotes and wonderful song lyrics. so i'm posting the link to seaholm lyrics here.

here's a sample taken from the site..

SET FIRE


Public displays
Of secret faces

Concealing all

But minor traces

Of the wildest truths untold

From pages still left to unfold

The origami

Of desire

Whose creases keep that fever

Burning hotter & higher

Can mutilate

And it can spindle, too

But I will not set fire

To my life for you


Words mix the potion

I spin the notion

To swim the ocean

That you pour for me
And so you linger
Hook, line & sinker

Wrapped around my fingers

Like a rosary


Always seems initially

A decent exchange

Pants full of promise
For a shirtful of pain

Same old flame

Burning since my youth

But I will not set fire

To my life for you


You trade devotion

Like a currency
But when you win my love

You purchase everything
Basically, just minutes

Are what's being consumed

`Cause I would not set fire

No, I would not set fire

I will not set fire to my life

...for you

No comments: