Friday, July 28, 2006

remember me

this is my flower for the month. why is it called 'forget me not' anyway? hmm. why indeed? the following is excerpted from wikipedia:

In the 15th century Germany, it was supposed that the wearers of the flower will not be forgotten by their lovers.

Legend has it that in medieval times, a knight and his lady were walking along the side of a river. He picked a posy of flowers, but because of the weight of his armour he fell into the river. As he was drowning he threw the posy to his loved one and shouted "Forget-me-not". This is a flower connected with romance and tragic fate. It was often worn by ladies as a sign of faithfulness and enduring love.

seven more days. hmm. all this remembering.. it's crazy and wonderful and sad and scary and hopeful all at the same time. seven days. *sigh* no one remembers. no one but me. but that's ok. sometimes, to keep a memory alive, all you need is one..

"but i've made a deal with the clouds
gonna turn that sun into rain
so you forget about your love
come and see me again.." - the zutons (remember me)


No comments: