Thursday, March 30, 2006

happy rainy day

"i'm only happy when it rains..." ~ garbage

well, not really. but the rain really does improve my mood :p

today was a very busy day for me. hectic.. but very productive. it was harassing.. but the fact that i was able to accomplish a lot sure cheered me up. oh. and of course, there was the rain :)

i was at school around 9am. i met with the parents of the students who failed in the math removal exam last week. hmmm. it wasn't as distressing as i thought it would be. i hope they somehow felt more reassured after our talk.

around 12.30pm, i was at the shopping center, having some papers photocopied. i also got my week's pay. i thought of getting myself some ice cream (f.i.c.'s pistachio/green tea!!! yumyum!) but remembered my cough.. so decided not to :( then i was off to UA&P for my final interview.

the drive from UP to UA&P felt wonderful. as soon as i left upis grounds, it started raining. haha. i took that as a good sign that He was watching over me :) the rain never fails to comfort me or to ease my anxieties.. so i just felt myself smiling throughout my trip :p

the interview went well. i wasn't nervous at all (well, interviews don't scare me. it's the teaching demos that really freak me out hahahaha). seems as if i'll be busy with a new job this summer hehehe.

at around 3pm, i started heading for home. but because i am a geographically-challenged person, i sort of uhhh.. got lost. hahaha. the next thing i knew, i was driving along shaw blvd! haha. not really where i intended to go.. but what the heck. since i was near pioneer st.. i decided to visit the powerbooks warehouse sale :p good thing i did too! i was able to buy three sandman books ("a game of you", "brief lives" and "the kindly ones") at 20% discount! i said byebye to my week's salary.. but heck, i rarely even see those titles.. much less get them at a discount.. so yeah, it was worth it :p

as i was driving home, i got a call from the editor of the journal where i submitted my article. she asked me to drop by her office in UP so she could discuss with me some of the changes she proposed. so there i was.. all set to go home.. not having eaten lunch yet.. and having to go to another meeting. hmmm. it's been a long day.. but i didn't mind. it was still raining. i could still smile, hehehe :p

along the way to UP, i stopped by pizza hut to order myself my much-needed lunch (at 4pm haha). while waiting for my chicken popcorn pizza (hanggang pizza ba naman popcorn pa rin!? bwahahaha), i checked out booktopia's sale (as recommended by friend bo). lots of nice books.. but i wasn't too familiar with the titles. they had graphic novels too.. but only one copy of "the wake" left. i wasn't interested (i have it already).

i was at UP around 4.30pm. went to the editor's office.. read the changes she made.. and got some lessons on how to write a journal article too :p hahaha. that sure was informative. by 5pm i was heading home. finally :) and all the while, the rain kept me company.

hmmmm. it is a happy rainy day for me. thank God for days such as this :)

i hope it rains again tomorrow. hehe. hope that's not asking too much.. :p

No comments: