Friday, January 20, 2006

moving on

no, this song is *not* from friend sanny. this one came from X. and i appreciate it a lot - as well as the chat :p [kung binabasa mo 'to.. thank you ha. totoo yan.. walang bahid ng aking usual sarcasm hehe] hmm. i don't know the song, really.. but the words seem apt. especially now. damn. i hate being trapped. it's bad enough not being able to move. but what's worse is when you're trapped inside a heart-shaped 'cage' made out of chalklines. hahahaha.

i know i hold the eraser. but for some strange, unknown reason.. it seems i've lost the ability to use it. hahaha. ok, so call me helplessly stupid, but it's true. hmm. i need to get my senses back. really.

maybe this is just what i need to re-learn how to use my eraser. maybe i do need to be challenged. haha. so i'm being dared to move. *sigh* oh well. i *do* want to move on, anyway..

I DARE YOU TO MOVE
Switchfoot

Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next
What happens next

[Chorus]
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
Tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

[Chorus]

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.astig yang switchfoot.one of the few bands na nagustuhan ko kaagad sa unang pagkarinig lang nung song at lalong nagustuhan dahil madami pang astig na songs.=p haha,nga pala kala ko ang title nitong kantang to dati ay "dare you to run".haha,katunog din kasi.=p

rokel said...

i've yet to actually listen to the song. 'di ko pa nada-download e. but i like the lyrics.. kaya pinost ko na rin dito. hmmm. lately panay mga kanta nga ang laman ng blog ko eh. *sigh* oh well.. :p