Tuesday, January 31, 2006

death and dying

a friend wrote this piece for her psych class. she posted it in her blog and i got to read it today. i liked it. i really liked it :) so i'm posting it here as well.. and hopefully, you'll get that 'warm, fuzzy feeling' that i got too. hehehehehehe :p [hey, it's not totally weird to get all warm and fuzzy about dying, ok? just read on first..]

ON DYING
Death.


Such a scary thought, is it not?


Not for me. Ever since I could remember, I have always wanted to die young. Say, around my late fifties. By this time, I would have seen the world, experienced it, and made my mark in it. I have stayed long enough in this world by that time. I would not want to stay around to see my body slowly dying.

Before I die, I would want to have made a contribution to the world. I would want to be successful by then. I would want to have a successful career, and a nice, healthy bank account.


When I die, I would want to be remembered as the girl who always smiled even though her heart was broken, who loved her family and her friends and God above all. Someone whose faith never let her down.


I would want to be remembered like that, but basically I would just want to be remembered. And be loved.


The most painful thing about death is having to leave your loved ones behind and knowing that your death would cause other people sadness.


The good thing about it, on the other hand, is finally being able to rest. and our reunion with our creator.


Yes, I believe in life after death: but only life after death with The Lord.


I believe that after death, we would once again be reunited with Him.


oh, and btw, please cremate my body when i die...

and i want a party.. okay?

No comments: