Wednesday, March 14, 2007

words of wisdom and FOJ: so far so good..?

"but sometimes, you find you've been fighting for the wrong side.. and your pride gets in the way of changing direction." - words of wisdom from dee :)

this day started out nicely. after more than a decade, i got to re-establish ties with dee ü and it's funny.. just when i told myself i'm gonna shy away from people.. that's when i get this pleasant surprise - a new "mirror-person" hahaha.

oh well. i'm not one to turn away from blessings ü

* * *

friend alexis and i were puzzled by a word problem today. something to do with an orange juice mixture hahaha. we were able to solve it.. but the answer in the book was different.. and that confused us. now, we're not really sure whether we made a mistake.. or there was a typo error in the book. anyway, here's the problem:

you are given 10 liters of a 15% orange juice mixture. but you want to have a more concentrated mixture. how many liters of the original mixture should you replace with orange concentrate so that you'll end up with 10 liters of juice that's 30% pure?

the answer we got was 1.5 liters; but the book says 1.76 liters (which sounds right to me). we just don't know how to get the answer written there.. and we ran out of time thinking about that problem hahaha :p we did enjoy the coding-decoding thingy, though (maybe i'll write a post about it soon ü)
* * *

on my way home from tutoring, this song played on my mind all of a sudden. it's an old song (sung by "ang tunay na amo") that i really liked. i'm not quite sure why it popped up.. but here it is..

I'm running away from the places / And things that make me think of you / But I guess there's just no letting go / Of this feeling I ache inside / Running away, I've been trying / So hard to keep away from you / Now forgetting you is all I have to do / That's why I'm runnin'away from you


The times that we've been through / Were always on my mind / I never thought that there will be an end / Oh how I wish that this was all a dream / It did hurt in me inside all over again

* * *

i'm getting ready to go to megamall for the prayer meeting. as i sit in front of the pc, i was able to do the following:
* download the draft of the geometry long exam from ST marisse

* upload the practice songs from friend hilda's recorder

* check my email

* update my blog

* play mystery case files (prime suspects)

* look for some songs via limewire

* print out tonight's lineup


hmm. typical semi-productive time spent online, hahaha :p

so far so good. i just hope i can keep this up.. *fingers crossed*


No comments: