Tuesday, September 01, 2009

wake me up...


there are many reasons why i hate september, and here are a few:

1. it signals in the christmas season. and we all know how i HATE that time of the year.

2. it's the month where i (officially) turn a year older. who the hell wants to get older?!

3. it's usually gloomy. oh. and there are no holidays in september.

so i reserved this special rant for today - the first day of september 2009. i thought that as years went by i'd get over my feeling of unease during my birth month. tsk. guess i was wrong. again.

anyway, i was riding the mrt late this afternoon when some stray thoughts wandered into my mind again. i guess i still have a semi-hangover from yesterday's movie. or maybe i'm really just in a morose mood. i dunno. but this supposedly inspirational quote popped into my head: today is a gift. that is why they call it the present. hahahahahaha. yeah right.

i rarely consider any day a gift. especially the present (or whenever it is that my physical body is stuck in). after all, my mind rarely stays in the now. it's either i'm wishing i could go back in time to undo all my stupid mistakes.. or else relive happier times that are no longer possible to bring back. or i'd be looking to the future - extremely paranoid or worried. i am almost never totally here 'coz my mind's always wandering in some different time zone; and i can't catch up.

but sometimes.. a few precious sometimes.. i manage to stay here. now. all too quickly, though.. time's up. and i'm back to my wandering ways.. *sigh*

oh well. still. thanks. i think.

No comments: